Fun Times With Dad: Taking Nolan to work with me.
It seems almost ironic as I record this on Memorial Day, the day we set aside to remember all the soldiers who gave their lives for our freedom. Men, fathers and sons gone off to fight in wars for our country.
Today, the battles more often take place in bedrooms where “men” sit in isolation playing Call of Duty or World of Warcraft, battling it out with others who also sit in isolation in their bedrooms.
Boys need Dads in their life to teach them how to be a man.
- Psychologist Philip Zimbardo: ‘Boys risk becoming addicted to porn, video games and Ritalin’
- “…everybody needs a mother and father because they give different kinds of love.”
- Selling the Young on ‘Gaming Fuel’
- Punishing parents who deviate from the government-enforced norm
- “…adolescence is being redefined to extend well into the 20s”
Lead Your Children On – I referenced this episode from March in this podcast episode.